I threw my macro lens through the window.
Stuff that looks more or less ok looks like complete garbage when magnified.
And I build quite a lot of stuff for the Albatros cockpit. The kit provided just the seat and a very simplified control stick, and it looked just… empty. So, I added a few items:
- Detailed control stick and rudder pedals;
- Water and fuel pumps;
- Machine gun support with the tachometer;
- Ammo box and ammo tape box;
- Safety belts.
Also, the engine bay needed some upgrades – I added the fuel and oil tanks.
I assembled and painted the engine, trying my best to make it look interesting (I failed). For an instant I considered upgrading it to a resin part from Small Stuff Models – but it would be more expensive than the kit itself, and I promised myself not to spend any extra $$$s on this build.
So, almost ready to be closed, save for two conundrums:
- The area around the engine will be extremely hard to mask for painting. I am considering painting it before closing the fuselage. It is actually not that bad an idea, as these panels will be a different color anyway;
- The engine alignment is tricky as it interferes with the machine guns – I think I will have to glue them before installing the engine.
And so it goes. Great learning experience so far!